RICHARD’S SAVORY LENTILS
- 1 tbsp minced onion (Richard’s Bulk Seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt, plus more for seasoning (Richard’s Bulk Seasoning)
- Freshly ground black pepper (Richard’s Bulk Seasoning)
- 1 cup dried organic lentils (Richard’s Bulk Aisle)
- 1 cup Jarrow Chicken Bone Broth- regular or curry (see Richard’s October Sale)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes (Richard’s pre-packed brand)
- 1/2 cup bulgur (Richard’s Bulk Aisle)
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes (Richard’s Bulk Seasoning)
- 3 tbsps. La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat it to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt, season with pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and stir to coat in the onion flakes and oil. Add the broth and water and bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered until the lentils are just tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the lentils are ready, remove from the heat and stir in the peppers and bulgur. Add tomatoes, cover and set aside until the bulgur is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid from the bulgur and lentils. Stir in the sherry vinegar and parsley; taste; and season with salt, pepper, and more vinegar as needed. Transfer to serving bowls and top with shrimp, chicken or tofu.
Leave a Comment