Menopause is intended by nature to be a gradual reduction of a women’s ovarian reproductive hormones until she is no longer able to conceive and bear children. Normally this phase of a woman’s life begins somewhere in her mid-forties and ends in her mid-fifties. In a well-nourished, healthy woman, the adrenal and other glands and tissues will pick up the job of producing female hormones. Natural menopause can often be accomplished with assistance of herbs, nutrients, and natural progesterone creams.
- BLACK COHOSH works by stimulating the adrenal glands to produce progesterone. Reduces hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, depression, irritability, and nervousness.
- DONG QUAI has been used in the Orient for centuries and is the herb most often recommended for women’s reproductive imbalances. It tends to work a little better when combined with a small amount of Black Cohosh.
- CHASTEBERRY (VITEX) stimulates progesterone production during ovulation. Menstrual regulator; very helpful during the peri-menopausal stages.
- LICORICE ROOT supports the adrenals. If headaches and dizziness are caused by low blood pressure licorice may help to normalize this.
- PHYTOESTROGENS (SOY ISOFLAVONES, RED CLOVER) are beneficial to women during the beginning stages of menopause because they are a weaker form of estrogen that binds to the estrogen receptor sites and reducing estrogen dominance.
- ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS FOUND in FLAXSEED, EVENING PRIMROSE, and BORAGE OILS help regulate hormone-like chemicals called prostaglandins and control irregular menstrual bleeding, heavy/scant flow and cramps.
- VITAMIN C is important for adrenal support
- NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM is a topical replacement for missing progesterone used during anovulatory cycles. Helps regulate bleeding and hot flashes.
Leave a Comment