Maca is a root plant native to Peru. It is also known as “Peruvian ginseng” despite the fact that is not a member of the ginseng family. It is typically taken as a pill or liquid or as powdered maca root.
Features & Benefits
- Studies found maca to have positive effects on sexual dysfunction or sexual desire in health menopausal women and healthy adult men
- Maca has also been shown to help alleviate sexual dysfunction cause by use of SSRI medications, used in treatment of depression
- Purported as a fertility tonic
- May help to improve endurance, boost energy and fight fatigue
Suggestions & Precautions
- Little is known about the safety and side effects of short-term or long-term use of maca