Probably the best low-carb keto bread recipe you will find is this keto-friendly macadamia nut bread. Unlike many other low-carb breads, this keto bread does not taste eggy and has a wonderful consistency similar to wheat bread – soft on the inside with a crispy crust. Make it for avocado toasts, for your favorite keto spreads, and enjoy it on its own with a bit of grass-fed butter.
Nutrition & Health Benefits
There are almost 260 calories in a slice of this delicious and buttery bread, so do keep your intake moderate if you’re counting calories. A slice of this grain-free loaf is also a good source of protein and fat, while providing only 2.5g of net carbs. Macadamia nuts are a good source of thiamin (vitamin B1), providing around 20% of the RDA for this nutrient in a handful. They’re also a fairly good source of manganese and magnesium.
Storing Keto Bread
It’s best to store this bread in the fridge to prevent it from going rancid and becoming dry. Place it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can store any extras in the freezer and let defrost on the kitchen counter. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3
KETO MACADAMIA BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan or baking dish with a bit of butter.
- In a food processor, pulse the macadamia nuts for about 30-45 seconds or until you achieve a floury consistency.
- Add in the almond flour, whey protein, flax meal, and baking powder. Continue to pulse until everything is well-blended.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, melted butter, and lemon juice.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan or dish and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Published on: May 13, 2019 by Kiss My Keto (a Quality brand of Richard's)