This common but poorly understood disorder is characterized by chronic muscle pain, non-restorative sleep, and profound fatigue. Although fibromyalgia symptoms may imitate an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, blood tests rarely come back positive and joint changes almost never develop.
- MAGNESIUM taken in combination WITH MALIC ACID helps fight fatigue and relax muscles. Allow at least two months for results to begin to appear.
- JOHN'S WORT AND 5-HTP increase serotonin levels, help ease depression, and improve tolerance to pain. Consider taking either supplement along with magnesium and malic acid. (Do not take St. John's wort or 5-HTP if you're taking prescription antidepressants.)
- GRAPESEED EXTRACT is a powerful antioxidant, which you can take to help prevent muscle cell damage.
- COENZYME Ql0 (COQ10) and NADH may be helpful to relieve the symptoms of fatigue. They're involved in maintaining the mitochondria, the energy producing unit of the cell.
- MELATONIN OR VALERIAN can help you get to sleep.
- KAVA KAVA is a non-sedating, non-habit-forming natural tranquilizer for short term use. Do not use concurrently with alcohol or when liver disease is present.
- SAMe widely used by European doctors for depression and arthritis, shows promise in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
- Most people with fibromyalgia seem to have low levels of DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), a key hormone secreted by the adrenal glands. Supplements can help redress this deficiency.
Leave a Comment