Derived from the fruit of Capsicum, a member of the nightshade family. This hot, red chili pepper is used to flavor food and for medicinal purposes.
Features & Benefits
- Principal active ingredient is Capsaicin
- Applied topically may help reduce pain associated with arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, shingles and muscle pain
- Used internally, Cayenne may help to relieve digestive discomforts and improve circulation
- Can be used a gargle for sore throats and toothaches
Suggestions & Precautions
- The active components in Cayenne are absorbed through the skin, mucus membrane and in the GI tract
- May affect absorption of some drugs. Consult with a health care professional before use.
- Side effects from oral use may include GI irritation, sweating or flushing. Burning sensation during bowel movements may occur
- Side effects from topical use may include coughing, sneezing, teary eyes and a scratchy throat.