Derived from the bark of the plant, Cascara sagrada is used mainly to relieve constipation.
Features & Benefits
- The major constituents, including cascarosides and anthroquinones, help stimulate the large intestine and product a laxative effect.
Used for the treatment of occasional constipation
- Can indirectly help with issues such as hemorrhoids and anal fissures by encouraging proper elimination
Suggestions & Precautions
- As with all laxatives, Cascara sagrada is not indicated for long term use
- Prolonged use my cause diarrhea and electrolyte imbalance
- Should never be used by anyone pregnant or nursing