Açai (pronounced ah-sigh-EE) is a palm tree native to Central and South America. It produces a reddish-purple berry that is related to the blueberry and cranberry. Promoted as a “superfood” due to its high antioxidant content and is marketed for weight-loss and anti-aging purposes. It is available as juices, powders, tablets and capsules.Features & Benefits
- Powerful antioxidant activity, high ORAC value
- Purported anti-aging properties
Suggestions & Cautions
- There are no known side effects for Açai
- People who are allergic to Açai or plants in the Arecaceae (palm) family should not consume Açai.
- Consuming Açai might affect MRI test results. If the customer is scheduled for an MRI, he or she should check with a health care provider before use.